For Release: 11/13/2009
Up to $500 in Rebates Available for Minnesota Energy Resources Residential Gas Customers for High Efficiency Equipment
Tax Incentives Could Add Another $1500!
Rosemount, MN – Minnesota Energy Resources residential customers who install qualifying high efficiency equipment by December 30, 2009, may be eligible for rebates totaling over $500. Added to current tax incentives (30% of cost, up to $1,500), replacing that clunker furnace or water heater becomes a real deal.
“With this combination of tax credits and rebates, high-efficiency space-heating and water-heating equipment will help customers dramatically reduce their energy costs so the equipment can essentially pays for itself in fewer years,” said Ann Carlon, external affairs manager for Minnesota Energy Resources. “On top of that, there is the environmental benefit of high-efficiency equipment. Even though natural gas is the cleanest of all of the fossil fuels, the less energy we use, the better it is for the environment.”
Carlon says the $40 rebate on electronic set-back thermostats can make the device nearly free. "And by automatically dropping the temperatures in the home while people are away at school or work and while sleeping, real savings can also result," she said.
The following rebates are being offered to Minnesota Energy customers who meet program requirements:
- Gas Furnace (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency 92-93.99%): $200
- Gas Furnace (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency 94% or greater): $250
- High Efficiency Boiler (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency 90% or greater): $200
- Integrated Heating System (90% Combined Annual Efficiency): $250
- Electronic Programmable Set-Back Thermostat $40
- Gas Water Heater (0.62 Energy Factor or greater): $45
- Tankless Water Heater (0.82 Energy Factor or greater): $250
- Drain Water Heat Recovery (DHR) Device: $150
- Energy Star-Rated Top Loading Clothes Washer: $35
- Energy Star-Rated Front Loading Clothes Washer: $50
For additional information, visit the Minnesota Energy Resources website or call toll-free at 800-889-9508. Rebate applications may be obtained from most dealers or may be printed from the company website.
Funding is limited and applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Since the program ends December 31st of each year, customers are encouraged to send in program applications for the 2009 program year by January 31, 2010.
Customers who are eligible for a Minnesota Energy Resources rebate may also be able to receive federal tax credits or equipment manufacturer’s rebates (if available) and save even more. To learn more about federal tax credits, visit the web site or call 1.888.STAR.YES (888.782.7937).
About Minnesota Energy Resources
Minnesota Energy Resources is a natural gas utility serving over 206,000 customers in 51 counties and 165 communities throughout Minnesota.
For More Information, Contact:
- Ann Carlon
Senior External Relations Manager
- Media Hotline 800-977-2250