For Release: 11/30/2012
Wisconsin Public Service Sends Natural Gas Workers to Assist New Jersey Utility in Restoring Service Lost Due to Sandy
Green Bay, WI - Tomorrow, Saturday, December 1, 2012, Wisconsin Public Service (WPS) will send four natural gas restoration crews along with a supervisor to assist National Grid in bringing its customers who are still without service back on line following Superstorm Sandy - which occurred about a month ago.
National Grid has a reported 9-10,000 customers still without natural gas service.
The WPS crews are from Oshkosh, Green Bay, Stevens Point and Wausau. They are expected to be gone for about two and one-half weeks. National Grid will assume the costs of the assistance.
The crews will be providing various services to National Grid customers including:
- Testing piping into home to make sure it is safe to relight
- Testing equipment so that appliances and furnaces can be relit
- Placing caution tags on equipment that is not safe to relight
- Relighting equipment that has been tested
- Replacing meters
WPS has adequate staff to complete its regular natural gas operations throughout its service area.
For More Information, Contact:
- Media Hotline 800-977-2250