For Release: 08/13/2013
WPS 2013 Energy Challenge Applications due by August 23
Green Bay, WI – Community applications for the Wisconsin Public Service (WPS) Energy Challenge are due by August 23, 2013. Community non-profit organizations in the WPS electric service area are being encouraged to participate in the third annual WPS Energy Challenge. Up to twenty selected non-profits could earn up to $1,500 for their energy conservation efforts, as well as helping other community members save energy. Applications will be reviewed and will undergo a selection process. The groups that qualify to take the challenge will be notified by September 3. The Challenge runs the two months of October and November.
To receive the grant, organizations must complete four energy-related tasks.
- Install ten home weatherization kits from WPS into ten residences in their community.
- Track group members' energy awareness efforts.
- Ten organization members must pledge to reduce their electric energy consumption during the two months of the challenge (October and November 2013) as compared to the same two months of last year.
- The organization must secure ten new sign-ups for a WPS or Focus on Energy program.
Results and documentation will be analyzed in December, 2013 and the top three organizations that successfully complete the challenge and save the most energy will each be awarded a $1,500 grant. The remaining 17 organizations will each receive a $1,000 grant.
Online information about the WPS Energy Challenge and the application are available at the Wisconsin Public Service website.
For More Information, Contact:
- Jenny Short, 906-863-4376
Marinette, Menomonee, Crivitz, Wabeno, Wausaukee
- Leah Van Zile, 715-369-7179
Rhinelander, Eagle River, Minocqua, Crandon ,Tomahawk
- Dayna Watson, 920-236-5945
Oshkosh, Brillion, Chilton, Two Rivers, Door County
- Kelly Zagrzebski, 715-848-7342
Wausau, Merrill, Stevens Point, Antigo, Waupaca
- Lynn Kroll, 920-617-5160
Greater Green Bay Area
- Media Hotline