Terms Of Site Use
Integrys Energy Group, Inc. (Integrys)
Terms of Website Use
(Revised May 30, 2012)
- Links and Third-Party Websites
- SSL and Encryption
While using the website or any service, you may not:
- retransmit, republish, distribute, reuse, resell, repost, re-engineer, or make multiple copies of the website or any portion thereof without TEG's prior written consent;
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute through the website any material that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, service mark, trade dress, trade secret, or other proprietary rights, or which violates any contractual, fiduciary, or judicially-imposed nondisclosure obligations;
- engage in conduct, during use of the website, that is unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, defamatory, libelous, or invasive of the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce or distribute through the website any material that contains advertising solicitations, bulk unsolicited emails or spam, chain letters, pyramid opportunities, or offers for the sale of goods or services;
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute through the website, or place any links on the website to, any material that is vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable;
- alter, interfere, or disrupt the content or functioning of the website or TEG's service, including but not limited to uploading, posting, or transmitting any material that (a) contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that damage, interfere with, capture, intercept, or expropriate the website or any data contained therein; or (b) disproportionately burdens the operation of the website;
- use the website to gain unauthorized entry or access to other computer systems or networks;
- "mirror" the website or any of its content on any other server without the express prior written permission of TEG;
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content that you post, or otherwise transmit to us via the website; or
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce or distribute through the website any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law, regulation, or government order.
The website and any content, information, software, functions, and applets provided on or through the website are made available on an "as is" and "as available" basis. TEG does not warrant that the website or any content or service provided in connection with the site will be timely, secure, uninterrupted, or error-free, or that defects in the website or in any content or service provided on or through the website will be corrected.
TEG will not be responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in the operation or transmission of the website or any services or related content, for communication line failures, or for computer viruses associated with the operation of the website. TEG makes no warranty regarding any information made available through or on the website.
TEG MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
The trademarks, service marks, logos, graphics, page headers, button icons, scripts, domain names, URLs, and other identifiers ("Trademarks") used and displayed on the website are registered and unregistered Trademarks of TEG and others in the United States and other countries. No display or use of such Trademarks may be made without the express prior written permission of TEG or other Trademark owner, as the case may be. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" using TEG's name or Trademarks without the express prior written permission of TEG.
Links and Third-Party Websites
The website may display links to other websites or electronic services sponsored by third parties. If you click on one of these links, you will leave the website and go to the site of a third party. In addition, if you request certain content appearing on the website, you may be taken to a third party's site that is hosting the content. In some cases, the third party's content may be "framed" in such a way that it appears you are still on the website. TEG is not responsible for the content or operation of third-party websites or electronic services reached by virtue of such links or content, and the presence of such links or content does not imply that TEG endorses or is affiliated with such websites, services, or third parties, or any services or products offered therein or thereby.
SSL and Encryption
The process of logging on that requires usernames, passwords, or any personal information that you enter in fields or forms is secured using an industry standard security technology known as Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL"). By using SSL, we attempt to safeguard the confidentiality of your username, password, and other personal information. For SSL to work, your browser must be capable of supporting ssl; please check with your browser manufacturer for details.
Encryption is the process of converting information into a more secure format for transmission. The plain text is converted to scrambled code while being transmitted, and then decrypted back to plain text at the receiving end of the transmission.
The web address will have a https instead of http when using SSL.
TEG, ITS AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES, AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, OR ASSIGNS, WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST PROFITS, OR COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
It is TEG's policy NOT to accept or consider any creative ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those that are specifically requested by TEG. If, despite our request that you do not send us any creative materials, you send us creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information (collectively, the "Information"), the Information shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of TEG. None of the Information shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on the part of TEG. TEG shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Information.
Although TEG does not specifically seek to obtain any information from children, we do not restrict children from visiting the website. We urge children only to give us any information after getting permission from their parents. In some cases, there are age limits for certain contests and give-aways. More details are provided in the contest areas.